History of IQRA
The following traces the historical development up to the development of IQRA2.0
1. Initial discussions on the concern for the non-existence of Islamic International Assessment. Discussions were held in conjunction with the Muzakarah Nasional (MUNAS2015) in Jakabaring Palembang Sumatra
2. Series of discussions and workshops to develop IQRA1.0
3. Try-out in various schools including the government aided schools.
4. Continuous discussion and workshop for improvements of IQRA1.0
5. Development of IQRA 2.0 in 2019/2020
6. Development of IQRA Online Assessment
In 2019-2020, the IQRA group developed the Partial Credit Model (PCM) as an Item Response
Theory (IRT) model for polytomous items. We refer this as IQRA 2.0
International Quality Range Assessent (IQRA)
2017 Study Report
This IQRA assessment data was obtained from 15 SMI IKRAM Musleh and involved 470 fourth-grade students.
The 11 constructs measured in these IQRA instruments are: –
1. Al-Jismi an-Nasyit; Physical Vigour
2. Al-Qalbu as-Salim; Pure Heart
3. Al-Ruhaniyyah al-Qawiyyah; Strong Spirituality
4. Sahih al-Aqidah; True Aqidah/Faith
5. Sahih al-Ibadah; Correct Ibadah/Worship
6. Al-Akhlaq al-Nabilah; Exalted Character
7. Al-Makrifah al-Wasi’ah wa al-Fahm al-‘Amiq; Extensive Knowledge and Deep Understanding
8. Al-Hikmah al-Jaliyyah; Compelling Wisdom
9. Al-Qiyadah wa al-Idarah al-Mihniyyah; Competent Leadership and Management
10. Al-Dakwah al-Mutawasilah; Unflagging Call to Islam
11. Rahmatan lil ‘Alamin; Benevolence to All
Data analysis utilises Modern Measurement Theory of Response Theory which emphasizes student measurement by item rather than overall score. This is because, with reference to the whole score, the value of the measure cannot be measured precisely because it involves only the raw score (count).
Findings are limited to a number of circumstances. IQRA data can be presented on an inter school, intra school and individual basis. The obtained value is the logit value derived from the Rasch Model analysis.
To facilitate reading and comprehension, the logit value has been converted to a standard probability value (Z Score) to study the probability of a school or individual performing the research being studied.
Based on the analysis of the findings:-
1. The probability for students in the school to perform on all constructs is between 60% to 70% .
2. The highest probability is 70% and the lowest is 63% for the average probability of all 15 schools.
3. The highest value were AM (70%), while the lowest value constructions were TU and PM (63%).
4. All other constructs the performance is between these two values.
5. Intra-school findings also show consistent values based on the constructs studied
6. The analysis is also done individually (as in Excel, Sheet Achiever).
7. Individuals with the highest probability, medium and low probability are taken as a sample.
8. Consistently, for these three students, the TU and PM constructs are the lowest and this becomingness performance is worth paying attention to. The AM constructs are the ones that are considered the easiest for the students and schools must provide greater enrichment and added value to the construct.